Remember AddictingGames.com in the good 'ol days? And we're not only doing recreational games now, but educational as well and we have become part of Enthusiast Gaming along the way. We focus on both creation of new games with our in-house developers and continued development on our existing products.
We are looking people to join our Edmonton/North America team in building exciting, dynamic products across our ever growing collection products. While we are hoping to build our Edmonton technology team we are flexible on location if you're a great fit for the position. We are a company that believes in balance, flexibility, communication and helping you make the best use of your time. With half our team based in Los Angeles, written communication and willingness to adopt processes to communicate progress and feedback is important.
Addicting Games is in need of a Senior Software Product Manager - someone who can bring together the great milestones our teams are making across all our products and plan how to share these milestones, as well as analyze where they should be heading in the future. This will involve looking at metrics, conversing with product teams, reviewing feedback from the communities and comparing to competing or related products. Helping create clear missions and branding for products based on where they fit in the digital landscape, internal and external feedback, research about the market, customers, competitors, and key industry trends.
To get a scope of the types an amount of products check out our company website at https://company.addictinggames.com
This will be a hybrid or remote position, reporting to the AddictingGames office in Edmonton, Alberta.
- Define digital products, including the overall vision and strategy of each solution, and how they address meeting the needs of customers.
- Communicate and champion digital products across the organization.
- Drive the continuous improvement for the digital product by leveraging customer insights including user experience research and customer analytics.
- Lead and facilitate cross-team collaboration (Sales, Marketing) to aid in the efficient delivery and execution of product ideas including:
- collaborating with stakeholders on vision, features, ideas and passing that along to the project managers
- providing support and planning for marketing and sales efforts
- brainstorming and planning cross-product interactions
- Meet with each product team weekly to discuss builds, progress, and make detailed notes that can be passed along and reviewed by stakeholders
- Work closely with cross functional teams to identify technology improvements, feature expansion, and customer feedback
- Continuously monitor projects to ensure progress is happening on the planned items and if any blocks have come up.
- Have good understanding of the requirements and priorities (product backlog / sprint) between the stakeholders and the development team
- Plan, schedule and track project timelines, milestones and deliverables based on the goals of the project and the agreed upon delivery dates
- Identify, communicate, and manage project dependencies and critical paths, anticipate risks, and propose mitigation strategies
- Participate in weekly meetings with stakeholders and provide summaries of these weekly meetings (decisions, action items, follow-ups items, dependencies, blockers, etc.)
- Manage and maintain requirements documentation, decision logs and deadlines
- Ensure good documentation of information associated with projects
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum 4-7 years of relevant experience
- Experience in leading technology teams through medium and large-scale digital projects
- A clear understanding of management, business, and budgeting processes
- A demonstrable passion for user experience, digital design, and technology
- Desire to learn more about the latest technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to adapt style and method of communication to be effective for diverse audiences
- Ability to work in both independently and in a team environment
- Experience in mentoring other team members
- A talent for presenting technological and business concepts to diverse audiences both of a technological and non-technological background at all levels of seniority
Enthusiast Gaming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes and encourages applications from all interested and qualified candidates. Enthusiast Gaming will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Enthusiast Gaming staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.